Monday, January 15

An Awfully Big Adventure

*sigh* Another 16 week adventure is coming. One spring semester, comin’ right up!

How will this adventure play out? The last one went OK. It wasn’t always easy or fun, but I think I learned, both school material and other. Now I know the layout of the school, so that might make the first day a bit easier. I remember, my first day, I followed the map looking for my music class. The signs that occasionally hang from the ceiling were a little misleading; I passed the room twice in the next hallway before I realized where exactly I had missed my turn. That was slightly amusing (but at the same time I was concerned to get to my class on time). I soon discovered my music teacher reminded me of Doug. Similar voice, tall, slim. Kinda weird. Kinda made me miss Doug. I was really looking forward to RUF to start.

Heh, Dr. Phil is on the radio, telling people it’s okay to be nervous/concerned/etc. whatever about the unknown. “But it’s also okay to believe in yourself.” (or something like that)

I don’t know about concerned, but... anticipating would fit. I’m anticipating the new semester. I’ll have different classes, teachers, classrooms, books (one of them is a really ugly yellow and another feels like it weighs well over 5 pounds by itself), and different things expected of me. Some things that will stay the same are my class time schedule, RUF on Wednesdays, Church, staying home.

But what will it be like? Will I have good teachers? Will my homework bury me every day?(I really, really hope not) Who will I meet? Will I make any lasting friends? Or any friends at school? What will RUF be like? (refreshing? challenging? uncomfortable? a blast?) How will this semester cause me to grow? (academically? spiritually? in maturity?) Will I perhaps get a step closer to being ready to live in a dorm away from home? (if so, will I want to? would that be a wise choice? even if I can come home every weekend?)

So many questions. I don’t have the answers. I don’t have to. Deuteronomy 29:29 says, “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.” (New King James) I’m gonna start carrying that keychain. It’s a helpful verse. Wow, is that refreshing to read. Yep, definitely gonna start using that one again.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment