Monday, September 12

Crown Him With Many Crowns

On my drive to church, there is a tree that looks like a crown. It is split into three main branches, balanced around the center. I first noticed it during the fall season, when the leaves reveal their inner color and brilliance and the trees around start slimming down to their branches. This tree with three branches and the crown I see remind me of the High King, and I'm not talking about King Peter from Narnia. I'm talking about the King of kings, whose crown when He hung on a tree was full of piercing thorns. God the Three in One, Maker of the universe (including this tree I see), Judge of mankind, and Redeemer of the world.

This little tree is a big reminder to me, and I smile when I see it. I don't see God's face directly (Exodus 33:18-20), but I see His gifts, and His handiwork is all around us. Just open your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment