Thursday, March 30

17 and being 17? Is that okay?

So, what does it mean to be a single 17 year old teenage who hasn't been on date and hasn't even ever been asked out on a date? Is that okay? Or is it a social scandal? And is society and the local culture the thing to judge by?

That's what I think I'm going to make this blog about. Me, being a single 17 year old, and being okay with that (and sometimes not so okay), and I'll probably bring in some other wonderings that come up, and who knows what other miscellanious things will pop up along the way.

This isn't my main blog (heh, yes, I have two now). If you want to see the one that gets more traffic, click on the link "Dance Side". I share it with my best friend, and I try to post about once a calendar week or once every 10 days on it. Roughly. If you look at it you'll probably notice that it's not a very serious blog. :-)

So I'm going to try to be a bit more serious on this one... We'll see how that turns out. Stay tuned!

(Just in case you were wondering the answers to the above questions, this is what I have so far: I'm still figuring that one out; yes, it's okay; no, it's not a scandal; probably not)

10 comments:

  1. High school is not the best place for dating. I never had a boyfriend until I came to college, girl, you're definitely not abnormal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first date was as a sophomore in college. My first *real* date was as a sophomore in college with this great, fun, very tall guy who I'm going to marry in June. Take that, Society!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay samann1121!!! (didn't know if you want to keep your name offline)
    Was your first date a "Not-A-Date"?

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try to conclude what it's like on the guy's side of things. That would be an interesting blog: a woman trying to understand what men go through (like trying to understand what women go through). Ponder this one: asking girls out and getting turned down... a lot. Fun times?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Norm, it's wicked fun. You should try it sometime, and presently; you've just a few more hours, as they say. It's a lot like skydiving without a parachute, or swimming in the big-kid pool without floaties.

    Dot: I think it depends on why you're single. Is not having dated the consequence of some moral stand, or just a matter coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norman, interesting idea. I will take it into consideration.

    Joel, it's probably a little bit of both.

    Thanks for commenting, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Norman did for some reason lose his mind and all sensible thinking ability and started asking a lot of girls out on dates, I certainly hope he would get turned down a lot.

    :-) You understand, don't you Norman? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're very normal in that regard. Lots of people don't date when they're in high school.

    And Norman, if you started dating around I think there would be a line a mile long of people interested in punching you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Tony and Rose. :-) hehe. ;-)
    Thanks for checking this out and commenting!

    ReplyDelete